Monday, May 12, 2014

Visual Journey through the year



I created a visual presentation of our community's journey this year on Prezi that I'd like to share with you. When I walked through this journey with our students, I paired it with the spiritual discipline of the Examen, the regular practice of which has helped many Christians recognize the presence of God in the good, difficult, and mundane events of their lives. 

Afterwards, we responded with a post-it note activity so our community could see the ebb and flow of joy and sorrow over the course of the year. Each person wrote on three post-its: green for a meaningful, life-giving event; pink for a confusing, painful situation; and blue for a gift/good thing we are grateful for. Reading over these responses, I could see that God had been gracious in the midst of trials. I also noticed that our post-its together created a kind of balance at each point in the year--not everyone individually suffered or rejoiced at the same time, but we were a body together in the midst of those unpredictable waves.

I am so thankful that God made community to encourage, challenge, and resource us for all seasons. This picture of teamwork and mutual concern invites us to experience God's intention for relationships.





No comments:

Post a Comment